I was asked the same questions over and over again when I was planning my move to Thailand. I've answered them here for future reference...
Why did I move to Thailand?
I moved to Chiang Mai, Thailand for the following reasons:
- Cheap accommodation. I'm bootstrapping.
- Fast and reliable internet access in coffee shops and shared working spots all over the city.
- Healthy, tasty and cheap food everywhere! I don't waste time cooking.
- Easy to navigate with the English language.
- Affords a slower pace of life.
- To meet a diverse group of fascinating people.
- Enough of a party scene for an occasional rave, and nature on my doorstep.